The Purpose of WGEA shall be to:
- Provide members with a professional organization within which to study the problems of and advance the standards for the teaching profession.
- Build solidarity among all members of the profession.
- Provide a local action body in support of the programs of the Ohio Education Association and the National Educational Association.
- Improve the professional, economic, social, and civic status of members.
- Secure the conditions necessary for the greatest efficiency of teachers and schools.
- Give all members a means by which they may recommend policies which govern the local schools.
- Initiate and encourage programs to gain community support for schools.
- Insure members of a means of arbitrating grievances against unfair or unjust treatment by other members or the Board of Education.
- Provide opportunities for leadership and stimulate enthusiasm for high ethical conduct.